WindPaddle Scout Sail
- The WindPaddle "Scout" was recently added to our line-up as an entry-level sail to be used in low-medium winds. Solo kayakers will appreciate its ease of use, lightweight and forgiving manner. Built for the casual or recreational paddler in mind.
- We have built this sail with a soft batten that holds sail shape, yet is pliable enough that it almost coils/folds itself!. For an entry-level sail that will pull you quickly downwind yet easy enough for kids 8-80 to handle, the "Scout" is the sail to own.
- Target boat - solo rec. boat to touring kayak 8 - 15 feet. Target wind range - 4 - 13 knots Target paddler - novice to intermediate Off-wind sailing envelope - approx. 150 degrees.
- Tech corner: Scout Deployed diameter - 42" (106.7 cm.) Coiled/folded diameter - 15" (38.1 cm.) Sail area - 9.62 sq. ft. (0.8937 sq. m²) Weight - 12 oz. (0.34 kg.), Wind Range - 4-20 knots of wind. (2-5 BFT)
- All WindPaddle sails launch and fly from the on-deck position. It can be set up for instant self-launching either before sailing or while out on the water so there's no need to return to shore to launch your sail!
All WindPaddle sails connect to your existing desk hardware and are made with durability in mind. Made from rip-stop nylon sailcloth. The same material big sailing boat spinnakers are constructed of. The clear window allows for good visibility. Seams are triple-stitched and the perimeter batten is made of a virtually unbreakable composite material. Out in big winds on a large body of rough water is not where you want your equipment to fail. These sails will be pulling hard long after you are ready to head into shore. We stand behind our sails with the statement, "IF you can figure out a way to break it, we'll fix it for free."
- ASIN: B004BK12NO
- Item model number: WPS-8
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews